Chabad Jewish Student Group Executive Board Application
Purpose of the Executive Board
• Assist with membership increase of Chabad
• To provide thoughtful input and advice on current and future Chabad events
• To collaborate and innovate together with the other members of the Chabad Executive Board for the greater good of Chabad
• Promote a positive public image of Chabad UCF
• Must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours at UCF
• Must have previous experience working in a leadership capacity
• Must be prepared to serve a year on the executive board
Board members must attend scheduled meetings
It is a requirement that each executive board member table for Chabad outside the student union at a minimum of 2 times per month for a minimum of 2 hours
• Be representative to the University of Central Florida on
behalf of Chabad at UCF.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of the
• Preside over all meetings and call all meetings to order.
• Maintain communication with the Office of Student
Involvement and ensure that all paperwork is current.
• Be responsible for creating a budget at the beginning of
each fall and spring semester, in conjunction with the
• Ensure that all officers are performing their duties as
defined in this Constitution.
• Keep advisor informed of activities and functions of the
• Provide all documents and records pertaining to his/her
responsibilities to the newly-elected President.
• Assign special projects to officers.
• To assist the president with all of his/her duties
• To ensure all officers are completing their duties according to schedule
• Be responsible for creating a budget at the beginning
of each fall and spring semester, in conjunction with the
• Assist in special projects as assigned by the President.
• Take type and distribute minutes of meetings
• Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
• Maintain schedules and calendars
• Document Chabad events by taking photos
• Writing articles for various news outlets
• Be the liaison to all greek organizations
• Getting the Greek community involved in Chabad
• Keeping Chabad in sync with the happenings in the greek community
• Organize philanthropic events in the community
• Look for ways to participate in community service
aimed at bettering the Jewish community
• Organize a Marketing Committee, to pursue graphic
design, advertising, public relations, and other
• Lead the Marketing Committee with creative ideas to
support Chabad Jewish Student Group.
• Assist Chabad at the University of Central Florida with
tabling, fundraisers, newsletters, flyers, and other
• Form a programming committee to help organize
religious, social, cultural, and community service events
• Plan an annual purim party
• Lead the Programming Committee with creative ideas
to support Chabad Jewish Student Group
• Create Programs for Freshman/Transfer Students
• Manage Chabad's Social Media e.g. facebook page, Twitter, Instagram.
• Create weekly Facebook events for the different event at Chabad each week.
• Plan themed Shabbats once a month
• Organize volunteers to cook for Shabbat and other special events
• Promote Shabbat Dinner